COUNTERFEIT. What an ugly word, right? Certainly one you don’t want to hear when you’re receiving components in from your electronic component supplier. Not that this is a new problem to anyone out there, but it is one that is a growing concern when you’re choosing who to put all … Continue reading
During the month of March, Lantek Corporation honored Multiple Sclerosis Awareness Month and sported their orange with pride. In an effort to raise awareness, our team held a dress down day on Thursday, March 5th, where every employee donated $10 to the National MS Society. In addition, Lantek Corporation’s General … Continue reading
Interesting news was unfolding out of the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) when Samsung’s CEO, BK Yoon announced that he would be investing $100 million to the companies developer network to create an open “Internet of Things” strategy. His theory behind this strategy is that all devices will easily communicate with each other.
“Samsung isn’t just funding developers to create an open IoT system, but also opening its devices to the Internet of Things. In two years, 90% of Samsung devices will work within IoT ecosystems, with the remaining 10% coming online by 2020.” (http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2015/01/11/will-samsungs-100-million-internet-of-things-strat.aspx)
Samsung doesn’t seem to be the only one in the market to make these moves. There are reports that Apple, Google, and Qualcomm are making similar moves within the industry, but Samsung has the upper hand at the moment.
The “Internet of Things” strategy is a hot topic within the technology and electronics industries so it will be interesting to see what comes next. These developments will continue to emerge as the industries adapt and change to the new concept. It will certainly be interesting to see what’s next so be sure to keep your eyes peeled for an update on this hot topic!
The holiday season brings a lot of joy to all of us every year and this year, there is a lot to be thankful for. Our team at Lantek Corporation participated in a “Season of Hope Toy Drive” with Project Self Sufficiency, “an organization that supports and empowers low-income individuals … Continue reading
In October, Lantek Corporation wanted to give back and raise awareness for a cause that is near and dear to our hearts. For the entire month of October, any and all orders placed with Lantek resulted in a percentage to be donated to the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Society. … Continue reading
We are a few weeks away from one of the most exciting events that Lantek Corporation is honored to exhibit at, Electronica 2014. If you remember seeing us at Electronica 2012, you would know that we had one of the greatest times together as a group and we can’t wait … Continue reading
It is with great pleasure to announce that Lantek Corporation has moved on up to Sparta, NJ and we are just so excited that we can’t hide it any longer! Our customers are a huge part of our Lantek Corporation family and we want you to know that we greatly … Continue reading
In observance of Independence Day, Lantek Corporation will be closed on Friday, July 4th, 2014. We will re-open with normal business hours on Monday, July 7th, 2014 at 7:30AM EST. If you require our assistance with any electronic component requirements in our absence, please send us an email. We will … Continue reading
A dress down day was held at Lantek Corporation on Thursday, June 5th, 2014 in support of the Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation (ALSF). ALSF was created to raise money and awareness for childhood cancer. To read the full story about how Alex’s Lemonade Stand came to be, please visit www.alexslemonade.org … Continue reading
Lantek Corporation teamed up in April with lots of determination to help an under-served population with their physical and emotional needs by raising money internally and by hosting a company food drive. In support of the Harvest House Lunch Program, whose “mission is to provide a nourishing midday meal to … Continue reading